Saturday, October 14, 2006

No showdown with Rani, says Saif

MUMBAI: Dismissing rift rumours, actor Saif Ali Khan clarifies that neither girlfriend Rosa nor co-star Rani Mukerji are at loggerheads with him. "What's this about a showdown with Rani? Am I mad to have a showdown with her? I mean, come on! Rani and I have shared a cordial professional relationship ever since we did Hum Tum together. That film will always remain special to me. It was my first solo-hero hit," says the Omkara star. "I won't say that Rani and I are close friends. But we connect really well on the sets. We do our work together and move in different directions after-hours," Saif said on phone from New York where he is shooting for Siddharth Anand's Tara Rum Pum. So where did these rumours come from? "When I arrived in New York, I stayed with the rest of the Tara Rum Pam unit in the same hotel. But when Rosa joined me, I wanted us to live in an apartment. I feel that's the only way to get to know a city. "As soon as Rosa and I moved into an apartment news spread that Rani and I were staying in separate hotels. That's truly dumb, man. The last thing we need on a foreign location is the principal lead's tantrums. And do you think we can get away with a showdown in front of the whole unit? We'd had the details of the slaps and punches pasted on the Internet," he says.

No comments: